Office Administrator, Transportation Services
(1 Full-Time Position, 35 hours/week)
Reporting to the Manager, Transportation Services, the Office Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support, scheduling volunteer drivers and other miscellaneous duties for the Transportation Services Team.
This position will be located in Campbellford.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Performs reception duties and answers general questions from clients, volunteers, the public, family members and outside agencies.
· Answers incoming telephone calls regarding general inquiries and service delivery.
· Assists with client ride intakes and scheduling volunteer drivers for daily ride requests.
· Gathers logs sheets from volunteer drivers for processing invoices and statistics
· Orders and maintains a proper level of inventory of office supplies to meet the daily needs of the office.
· Bills clients and providers for service delivery related to volunteer transportation.
· Assists in the computerized data entry and monthly reconciliation of financial transactions.
· Follows proper accounting procedures for accounts receivables and payables.
· Maintains, updates and ensures the accuracy of database systems utilizing specialized software for data entry of all clients, volunteer and provider information.
· Creates reports as required for the analysis of program data and general information.
· Assists in developing policies and procedures for general office purposes and to meet accreditation standards.
· Respects and upholds client and volunteer confidentiality.
· Informs the general public, caregivers and volunteers about CCN services.
· Assists in local events.
· Maintains a positive image in the community as a representative of CCN
· Maintains a current knowledge of other relevant community resources.
· Post Secondary Diploma or Certificate in Office/Business administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Previous experience working with or coordinating volunteers is considered an asset.
· Demonstrated direct or related experience working in an office environment.
· Demonstrated ability to work with seniors, vulnerable persons and volunteers.
· Exceptional computer skills using Microsoft Office.
· Basic knowledge of general accounting principles.
· Ability to adapt to change quickly and efficiently.
· Ability to work at multiple tasks with multiple interruptions.
· Demonstrated good judgment, initiative and organizational ability required.
· Works well both independently and with a team.
· Effective communication and diplomacy skills.
· Demonstrated ability to respond with sensitivity to clients and family members.
· Working knowledge of geographic locations in Northumberland County
· Valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to:
Director, Human Resources
Community Care Northumberland
Please indicate Office Administrator, Transportation Services in the subject line.
Closing Date: May 21, 2020
Community Care Northumberland is a non-profit, multi-service, volunteer-based community support organization serving residents of Northumberland County.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CCN will provide accommodation in all parts of the hiring process as required, upon request from applicants.
Application deadline: 2021-05-21
Expected start date: 2021-05-31
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Following Provincial and Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (preferred)