Distribution Centre Careers
Part Time or Full Time:
0092 Vaughan RSC
Our family of 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
From coast to coast our Retail Support Centres are in need of Order Selectors to help ensure the right products get to our stores to keep our customers healthy and well fed. Join our team and play an essential role in serving Canadians during these unprecedented times.
- Assemble orders for shipment to customers
- Load goods onto delivery vehicle in proper sequence as defined by trip sheet
- Fill pick slots with merchandise from reserve area
- Assemble pallets
- Place returned merchandise in stock and move damaged products to recoup area
- Document received merchandise and move merchandise from the receiving dock and place in proper slots
- Follow safe work practices and company safety rules
- Ensure required personal protective equipment is worn at all times
- Exercise good housekeeping practices at all times and maintain an acceptable level of productivity, handle merchandise in a damage-free manner, and report all equipment malfunctions to a supervisor
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment as per company requirements
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ability to maintain accuracy in a fast paced environment
- Physical work including frequent bending, lifting, and reaching
- Occasionally lift over 88 lbs
- Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50 lbs
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Possible exposure to extreme temperatures
- Alertness to other people and vehicles
- Various shifts including evenings and weekends
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.