As a member of the Tooling Engineering initiative within our maintenance department, you will be responsible for assembly, repair where possible, evaluating tooling and equipment included in our manufacturing systems. Optimizing new and existing tooling and equipment to reduce costs, improve quality and develop best practices. This is a ‘hands-on’ role, which will use your mechanical knowledge of tooling and equipment to ensure operational process efficiencies.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while working to improve equipment efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Manage and be hands-on in equipment removal, installations and equipment transfer.
- Manage Tooling inventory program for all production equipment. Evaluate the efficacy of all tooling. Recommend repair or replacement as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate equipment and tooling spares are available to support the 24/7 production environment and the ongoing needs
- Participates in tooling design reviews to review tool construction and recommend improvements leading to increased productivity, quality, and safety.
- Provide training and technical support to production staff on all shifts
- React to feedback from internal and external customers and participate in team problem-solving efforts
- Develop and work toward innovative solutions.
- Practices good housekeeping and organization (5S) and leads by example
Employment and Educational Requirements:
- Certified Tool & Die Maker with a minimum of 5 year experience in a leadership role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You must be a leader in driving and participating in organizational Health and safety program
- Must be available for domestic, national and international work-related travel.
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- Automation and EOAT (end of arm technology) experience an asset for future development.
- Work as part of a Cross-functional team and independently with excellent personal time management skills, creating a collaborative project environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and Problem-solving capabilities. Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Our organization is committed to creating a diverse environment and to be an equal opportunity employer. We will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support the participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process when requested. Only qualified applicants under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time