NWT Construction Ltd. is looking for a professional Pipe Layer with previous experience in water and sewer to join us for our 2020 Construction Season. The Pipe Layer is responsible for preparing and installing underground pipelines in preparation for road construction.
Position: Seasonal (May-November)
Years of Experience: 2-3 years of related experience
Hours of Work: 10+ hours a day, (6 days a week). Ability to work overtime is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in water and sewage
- Knowledge of underground construction methods and road construction materials
- Overtime is required
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 20-50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Install sanitary and storm water sewer structures and pipe systems.
- Lay out pipe routes, following specifications or blueprints, and coordinating layouts with supervisor.
- Cut pipes to required lengths.
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction.
- Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing.
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers.
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue.
- Grade and level trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools.
- Perform duties safely around mobile equipment and have a high sense of safety awareness while performing work.
- Other duties as required.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
NWT Construction Ltd. is pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
- pipe layer: 2 years (Required)