Living Sounds is a leader in the Alberta hearing industry. We are a passionate team of dedicated professionals who guide and educate our clients on their journey to better hearing with respect, honesty and confidence. We are in the business of changing lives.
Living Sounds is excited for the right candidate to join our Executive team in the position of Financial Controller in Edmonton. This position is responsible for managing the financial aspects of our dynamic company and will play an integral role in our continued growth.
The Controller role is accountable for overseeing, managing, developing, implementing, and maintaining necessary procedures, systems and reporting for the financial control of the Canada Retail business segment. The Controller is charged with directing the preparation and analysis of financial statements; ensuring the implementation of adequate internal control systems; directing and managing cost accounting, successful financial integration of acquisitions end-to-end, Canada retail accounting and financial reporting for the business. This role directly manages the accounting and revenue cycle team.
- Manage retail accounting in operations including Billing, GL, A/R, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition, B/S, Fixed Assets and areas of accounting oversight.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of deliverables to the Parent Company from a historical accounting perspective.
- Manage financial integrations during acquisition processes, including developing processes and change management
- Partner closely with Corporate FP&A, Group Finance, Treasury and Tax leaders
- Prepare and publish timely monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Support month-end and year-end close process including Annual Audit.
- Manage all aspects of payroll including, bi-weekly payroll processing, vacation, benefits, expenses, ROE’s, commissions and other payouts
- Identify, track and report key financial and non-financial performance metrics; work with senior Retail team to analyze trends and identify changes to drive improvements
- Improve processes and controls to ensure timely and accurate monthly reporting
- Lead revenue reporting processes, reconciliation and controls
- Continuously improve A/R processes, ensuring timely and accurate billings and collections
- Lead, hire and develop a high performing accounting and revenue cycle teams; build efficiencies into all aspects of accounting operations including systems and process
- Support Employee Corporate and/or Department Guidelines.
- Support corporate health and safety objectives.
- React to change productively and handle other essential duties as assigned.
- 4-year degree in Accounting/Business/Finance
- CPA required
- Demonstrates progressive experience in Accounting and Finance roles
- Audit experience preferred
- Experience with a fast-paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, IFRS and key principles of application for a wide array of finance and accounting areas
- Working knowledge of CRM/ERP systems
- Working knowledge of tax code
- Payroll experience
- Analytical; high attention to detail, organized with exceptional time-management skills
- Ability to drive projects to completion when starting with unknowns, competing priorities and other challenges
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of cross functional relationships across the organization
- Retail experience preferred
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$105,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)