The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada has locations in Peterborough, Burlington, London, and Pembroke. We maintain residential homes for our Sisters who require differing levels of care, and we take seriously the desire in us to live in good relationship with our planet and all other life forms in creation.
Reporting to: Administrator; Responsibilities Include:
· Day to day oversight and management of Dietary, Housekeeping, and Reception
· Promotes an atmosphere of care and compassion for both Sisters and team members
· Supports staff and Sisters during special feast days, celebrations, and community gatherings
· Promotes liaison, co-operation and co-ordination of services/programs with other departments
· Ensures services adhere to current legislation and the policies and procedures of the Sisters of St Joseph in Canada
· Maintains an appropriate standard of care provided for the Sisters and the Main Residence and ensures ongoing evaluation with appropriate follow up where necessary
· Responsible for preparation and maintenance of schedule for Dietary and Housekeeping Staff
· Regular attendance and involvement in Supervisor Meetings, Leadership Initiatives, and other training as appropriate. Provide regular training opportunities for direct reports.
· Ensure the provision of healthy, nutritious, and delicious meals with a view to pleasurable dining.
· Coordinate menu planning and design with Cooks as well as consulting with a qualified dietitian as required.
· Monitor special diets as requested by Sisters or Nurse Manager.
· Responsible for the ordering of food and household supplies. This includes meeting with salespersons to view new products and to achieve the best price for supplies. Confirms prices against the supplier invoices. Ensures that a collaborative approach is used to determine best products and their use.
- Ensures maintenance of operational records (i.e. menus, production sheets. Food temperatures and refrigerator and freezer temperatures) as required.
· Encourages and maintains high standards of sanitation, housekeeping, and safety in the operation of equipment
· Maintains, monitors, and authorizes timecards/books for all direct reports
· Assists in the preparation of the budget and monitors the budget throughout the year.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Caring, compassionate and competent team Leader
- Certification as Food Services Supervisor/Nutrition Manager from a recognized governing body, or relevant experience
- Current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in large quantity food preparation, financial planning, and food purchasing
- Chef, Cook, Dietary Aide or Baking training and experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of Point Click Care would be an asset
- Proven experience in improving operational processes
- Computer skills including Excel/Word/Outlook
· Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of the values of the Sisters of St. Joseph
· Advanced interpersonal and communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills to build effective collaborative relationships within the organization
- Detail oriented, organized and focused on quality
- Experience managing the provision of exceptional housekeeping services within an organization.
This is a full-time position, combining office and front-line work. The scope of this position may change from time to time given the operational needs of the Congregation.
We value an inclusive and diverse workplace and are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process please notify Human Resources at the time of interview selection.
Although the Congregation is grateful for your interest in working for us only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume by Feb 10th, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Job Type: Full-time