Foremost is a large and diverse industrial manufacturer. We specialize in equipment for oil & gas, mining, construction and waterwell markets and have grown to be one of the largest vacuum truck manufacturers in Canada. With multiple locations in Alberta, a solid reputation dating back to 1940, over 500 employees and a unique depth of expertise Foremost is a company with great people, great products and a great future. We have adapted, invented, and evolved all of our products with a view to make them more useful and profitable for our customers. For more information about Foremost, visit www.foremost.ca/about.
Do you have a valid driver’s license and knowledge of WHIMIS?
Do you have working knowledge of operations, warehousing, and transportation?
Do you thrive in a customer service role and go above and beyond to exceed customer expectations?
If yes, we have an immediate opening for you. As a Warehouse Personnel located at our Stettler facility, you will be responsible for coordinating, handling, distributing, and storing designated freight, products, and supplies that come in and out of the warehouse. You will also maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
As Warehouse Personnel you will:
- Coordinate, handle, distribute, and store designated freight, products, and supplies that come in and out of the warehouse
- Communicate delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization
- Take into account full implications of freight turnover, size, weight, and other factors when allocating warehouse space
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels, supplies, or equipment
- Identify discrepancies between inventory records and take action
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments; make adjustments where necessary
- Prepare customer orders for pickup
- Prepare work order required material for shop use.
- Loading/Unloading of material using a forklift (both inside and outside)
- Other duties as required
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehousing, and transportation
- High school diploma or GED Forklift certification preferred
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills
- Able to perform repetitive heavy lifting of up to 50 lbs
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Basic mathematical skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Working knowledge of safe lifting methods
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Overtime as required
- Work is performed in a combination of environments
- This position may be exposed to elements such as noise, dust, odours, fumes and oils
- Safety Training an asset but will train as required
Foremost offers flexible work arrangements, promotes from within and provides a challenging and rewarding work environment. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive and respectful work culture that engages our employees. Here you will develop, you will be challenged and you will contribute to building a legacy. Come talk to us about your future at Foremost!
Job Type: Full-time
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Stettler, AB (Preferred)