Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eliminate racism and embed equity into our culture, processes, programs, and policies so that they reflect the lived experiences of all Canadians.
Join the Rental Construction Financing Initiative (RCFi) team, where our partners see CMHC as a catalyst for addressing housing supply challenges, and provide low-cost financing for the construction of new rental housing units. You will bring your passion for the delivery of construction financing to support National Housing Strategy objectives, and help CMHC ensure that by 2030 everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs.
- Applying sound judgement and decision-making practices based on complex financial analysis while making recommendations.
- Maintaining quality relationships with clients to understand their needs and objectives and explore opportunities.
- Reviewing, prioritizing assessing financial viability and approving loan applications.
- Managing risk by exercising prudence and due diligence while reviewing, assessing and approving applications.
- Working in partnership with clients, stakeholders, and various levels of government by offering advice, support and alternative solutions
- Communicating decisions, interpreting policies and responding to inquiries related to CMHC’s housing programs.
- Serving as peer reviewer and approver on investment and risk.
- Providing input to shape functional policies, products, and processes.
- Preparing briefing notes, submissions, issue papers, dockets, and responses to Ministerial and presidential correspondence related to the delivery of CMHC’s Housing programs.
Posting closing date:
- Bachelor's Degree such as Business, Finance, or Commerce
- Five (5) years construction financing, real estate, financial markets and credit risk analysis
- Demonstrated experience working with financial viability and loan approvals
- Demonstrated experience reviewing, evaluating and prioritizing loans, subsidies and/or contribution applications.
- Ability to research issues, analyze problems, synthesize information and make recommendations.
- Ability to manage files and issues (sensitive in nature) using critical thinking and judgement.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Bilingualism (French and English)
Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID:
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
Travel not required