We have an opening for a Litigation Assistant to join our Dispute Resolution/Insurance Litigation Team. This position will be based out of the Calgary office. Reporting directly to the Manager, Legal Support Services; this is a role where you will work with a variety of our firm’s team members and will be responsible for the general administration of your lawyer’s practices. The ideal candidate is proactive, self-sufficient, and has high attention to detail and organizational skills.
We place great value in a candidate’s ability to recognize the importance of team work to participate in facilitating a culture of collaboration.
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software to prepare correspondence and legal documents.
- Answer the telephone, schedule appointments, questionings, and meetings, greet visitors and manage administrative and business details.
- Transcribe correspondence and legal documents from digital recordings or handwritten notes.
- Manage lawyer’s diaries and update electronic calendar.
- Review correspondence (including faxes and e-mail), co-ordinate the flow of information, update calendar and respond to routine inquiries.
- Review and proofread outgoing documents to ensure they are correct and comply with legal procedures.
- Access and use online legal resources.
- Operate office equipment such as voice mail messaging systems, photocopying and computer scanning equipment.
- Manage routine accounting procedures: billing, cheque deposits/requests, time entry, etc.
- Assist with maintaining client relations.
- Perform general office duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience preferably working in professional litigation practice area.
- Recognized 2-year Legal Assistant Diploma.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving with minimal supervision.
- Normal week-day office hours (35).
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to [email protected].