HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Welding Engineer on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgy and Metallurgy Engineering, welding specialization, or relevant training. The ideal applicant would have 3-5 years’ experience and have good knowledge in welding standards.
This position is located in Lévis, QC. Relocation for this permanent position is required for non-local candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
Personnel Training and Management:
- Train and evaluate employees on welding;
- Ensure that the employees have the necessary skills;
- Train the personnel in connection with new developments;
- Monitor the qualification requirements of welding personnel.
- Ensure that welding certifications are maintained and renewed according to the work;
- Approve NDT plans;
- Be the communication bridge between production and the inspection department;
- Determine the types of inspection that will be done throughout the contact;
- Ensure that the welding procedures used are adequate;
- Ensure accreditations are maintained;
- Develop new welding processes;
- Develop new welding technologies;
- Monitor quality during the project’s execution;
- Understand the entirety of the client’s needs;
- Ensure a continuous improvement process;
- Develop tools and standards related to welding assembly processes, welding processes and inspection processes;
- Analyze problems linked to welding and inspection processes;
- Analyze quality and non-compliance processing;
- Perform project follow-ups and participate in planning meetings;
- Perform evaluations on the technical requirements of the processes used;
- Provide technical support for bids;
- Perform initial documents of the processes for clients;
- Determine requirements in order to adjust equipment design in consequence;
- Perform checks on the welding books, proposing technical opinions in relation to manufacturing variances;
- Proceed to the validation and trial steps;
- Participate in equipment start-up and make the required adjustments.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in metallurgy and metallurgy engineering, welding specialization, or relevant training;
- 3-5 years of experience;
- Experience in production and in the construction industry (an asset);
- Be a member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs de Québec;
- Very good knowledge of welding standards;
- Ease in reading project plans and estimates;
- Bilingualism (French and English).
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- P. Eng (Required)
- French and English (Required)