Keewaytinook Okimakanak is currently accepting applications for the position of Accounting Supervisor. Rresponsibilities will include assessing both accounting and administrative controls and prepare reports for the management team regarding corporate compliance and internal policies and procedures. The accounting supervisor will be responsible for managing A/P, AR and payroll staff. This position will also work to ensure the organization utilizes ethical accounting practise and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record journal entries – accruals and adjustments as required and authorized by Finance Manager.
- Reconcile GL and Bank Accounts and provide timely reporting to Finance Manager for approval.
- Reconcile HST and file claims accordingly.
- Ensure that all month-end financial accounting duties and all resulting financial reporting are completed timely and accurately.
- Oversee and supervise all accounting functions – accounts payable, receivable, payroll and special projects to ensure timely and accurate processing including reviewing transactions and advising of corrections.
- Maintain Telpay (EFT) records
- Maintain EPMX – Electronic Purchase Order System
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to accounting staff as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or advanced diploma in accounting
- Five years’ experience in a management role combined with 5 years’ experience in accounting management position
- Experience in coaching and employee development
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 /year
- Supervising: 5 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Thunder Bay, ON (Required)