JUNIOR RUBY on RAILS DEVELOPER Start Date: July 9, 2019 or earlier
Work from home as part of a collegial, team environment in a permanent, full-time role. A great opportunity for full-stack Ruby on Rails Developer, ideally with 2-3 years of experience with Ruby or similar. Assist with feature buildouts on an existing Rails application for a growing company with a solid track record in the HR/Performance Management space. Need to be able to integrate code within the existing structure of the application and match the current look and feel. Developer provides periodic online, ticket support internally to Client Service to help answer address customer issues/bugs.
This role is a work from home position with requirements to meet online at least weekly with Director, IT. We can train a candidate with a solid foundation of experience or education. Laptop and phone to be provided with paid vacation.
· Design, and build efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
· Back end server side coding in Ruby including the creation/updating of new database (MySQL) schema elements as required.
· Front end coding using ERB templating, Ruby, HTML, CSS, and JQuery.
· Integrate existing UI elements and follow the established design paradigm.
· 2-3 years of experience with Ruby on Rails (or similar), HTML, CSS, and JQuery.
· Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and the MVC design paradigm and how it fits into the Rails framework.
· Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances.
· A knack for writing clean, well-documented, readable Ruby code.
· Ability to QA your own work to ensure delivery of functional code.
· Able to create MySQL database schemas that represent and support business processes.
· Proficient understanding of Git code versioning tools and Github.
· Familiarity with development aiding tools like Bundler and Rake.
· Can train the right fit with a Computer Science diploma and some relevant experience.
· High Integrity
· Forward Thinking / Proactive
· Team spirit
· Self-guided – can work independently to agreed deadlines
Please be prepared to provide references and submit a sample of code for review.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Ruby or similar: 2 years (Preferred)
- Developer: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)