We think you’d be GREAT!
The Guest Services Supervisor oversees the daily operations of front desk agents, switchboard, reservations and concierge; Welcome and register guests, establish credit, direct guests to room; relay messages, answer questions about services, maintain and update records, obtain payments, make reservations, secure valuables, and assist with coaching and team morale. The Guest Services Supervisor will help lead our pack in exceeding guest expectations through 5 Star Service.
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Assists in overseeing guest services and front office operations; to ensure superior service is a priority.
- Foster a positive, cooperative work environment between front office staff and management team
- Supervise front office team including PBX, Bell persons and reservations through work direction, rewarding, appraising and addressing and solving complaints
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions, uses reason at all times. Makes timely decisions while exhibiting sound judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance.
- Communication - Demonstrates group presentation skills. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly, and has the ability to read and interpret written information. Assists management team in conducting employee meetings and other events.
- Team Work- Exhibits objectivity and openness to the views of others and contributes to building a positive team spirit. Upholds organizational values, treats people with respect and promotes a harassment free environment.
- Inspect back of office and public areas for cleanliness and preventative maintenance upkeep on a daily basis. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality while demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to increase productivity.
- Adaptability- Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events, changing approach or method to best fit a situation. Initiative - Meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestion for improving work and takes responsibility for own actions. Asks for and offers help when needed.
- People Management - to ensure each employee completes orientation and required brand training. Provides regular performance feedback to all employees. Manages difficult or emotional employee situations. Develops subordinates skills and encourages growth through 5 Star service.
- Compliance - Adheres to all polices and procedures required by Great Wolf Lodge systems including but not limited to cash flow, direct billing accounts, credit card payments, registration and reservation cards. Maintains confidentiality.
- Business Acumen - Accurately forecast schedule changes based on forecasted occupancy. Performs Front Desk shifts as needed to ensure efficient operations.
- Oversees all Lodge evening operations including Manager on Duty responsibilities.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Hospitality and/or customer service experience is required.
- Ability to develop an understanding of concepts, practices, pre-established guidelines and procedures used by the company in relation to guest service is necessary.
- Computer knowledge including intranet, Property management system, WORD, and EXCEL is strongly preferred.
- Supervisory experience in hospitality guest services is required.
Great Wolf Lodge is an equal opportunity employer. All applicable provincial and federal laws will be followed to ensure consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, disability or other classification protected by law. Great Wolf Lodge will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with applicable law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection will be made on job related factors. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact the HR Department.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Supervising: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)