Avcorp Structures & Integration currently has an opportunity for an experienced Production Supervisor who can supervise manufacturing employees, plan and assign work, implement policies and procedures and recommends improvement in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures effective employee relations.
- Provides employee coaching and development.
- Makes employment decisions including hiring and disciplinary action.
- Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Provides leadership for safety, quality, costs, productivity and morale to achieve positive results.
- Works to continuously improve in all areas including improving working conditions (safety, quality, cost, delivery and productivity) and increase employee skills and capabilities via training.
- Manages departmental performance measures, including visual controls (Metric Boards) and provides regular progress reports to Production Control, Programs, Director of Operations and General Manager.
- Provides daily leadership through example as well as effective timely communication, impart objective feedback, clear work instructions, use positive reinforcement
- Provides formal and informal training employees.
- Performs accident investigations as required
- Manages department priorities
- Tracks absenteeism and time-keeping
- Lead employee development and training
- Maintaining responsible areas 5S compliant
- Implements LEAN Processes
- Support make/buy selection decisions.
- Support formal process improvement initiatives
- Support lean manufacturing activities
- Participate in ensuring customer expectations are met relating to quality, cost and scheduling commitments. Includes supporting Program Management Reviews.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a manufacturing supervisory role.
- Advanced education such as Technical College, A.A. degree or higher.
- Demonstrated leadership competency.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with NADCAP, ISO Quality Systems and related quality systems an asset
- Experience in implementation of Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Six Sigma preferred.
- Computer Skills using Excel, Microsoft Office – Ability to create PowerPoint presentations, Excel Metric Charts, and write formal correspondence using Word.
- Understanding of health and safety rules/regulations.
- Must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated.
Avcorp offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, while fostering equal opportunity employment.
In an effort to encourage work-life balance, Avcorp staff members work a 9-day fortnight schedule, receiving every second Friday off.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care