First Canadian Financial Group is an industry leader and national supplier of creditor group insurance, mechanical breakdown plans, aftermarket appearance protection, anti-theft protection, road hazard tire and rim protection products to automotive, RV, marine, and power sports dealers. We also offer more traditional insurance product offerings including employee group benefits and term life insurance. We market, underwrite, administer, and provide professional product and sales training for all of our programs. Celebrating more than 30 years as a privately chartered insurance company with over 250 employees nationally, our value proposition is to provide quality products and industry leading best practices to develop and grow the financial services departments of the dealerships that offer our programs. Our commitment is to maintain the highest level of professionalism and ethics. We are an A.M. Best rated company which is a global credit rating organization focused on the insurance industry and indicates that we are recognized for our financial stability and sustainability.
The Claims Coordinator (French Bilingual) reports to the Creditor Insurance Claims Manager. The Claims Coordinator role serves as the primary point of contact for FCIC customers wishing to advance a Creditor claim. Claims Coordinators provide initial responses to customers/third party inquiries regarding initiating Creditor claims.
Hours of Work:
9:00am – 6:00pm
- Reception duties – meet with claimants attending our office for general assistance, inquiry response, and for the establishment of new claims;
- Managing the Creditor Claims general incoming email/fax inbox;
- Manage incoming customer, third party, and Dealer representative calls from an Automated Call Queue;
- Communicate directly with customers, their representatives and financial institutions (verbally and in writing);
- Identify active certificates, generate claims documents, and prepare files for assignment;
- Maintains highly accurate and detailed client contact notes of all customer queries, Coordinator activities, and issues affecting Certificates and claims (initiated/pending/open/closed) queries;
- Prepare claims correspondence and entitlement cheques for mail / courier delivery;
- Administrative/Clerical support to Examiners/Supervisors/Managers.
- Proven and exceptional customer service skills.
- Highly developed communication skills (primarily verbal).
- Superior attention to details, data accuracy, and quality,
- Organizational skills for planning and executing administrative / support tasks.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Capable of dealing with confidential information and time sensitive matters and deadlines.
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, friendly, cooperative and genuinely empathetic.
- 1 year college Certificate /Diploma – Administrative Assistant /Business/Insurance is preferred; other academic equivalencies may be considered.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relatable work experience is preferred in an Administrative Assistant/Insurance Clerical position.
- PC literate, fully systems competent with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook); keyboarding / typing skills of 65+ wpm (error free).
- Previous Call Center experience and frontline customer interaction via telephone and/or email is highly preferable and is considered a key asset.
- Fluency in English and French are required in both verbal and written business communication.
At First Canadian Financial Group, we pride ourselves on being family oriented and socially responsible. We offer developmental opportunities for employees that demonstrate exceptional skill, a positive attitude, proficiency, loyalty and commitment. We have a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, dental, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, long term disability, an RRSP Plan with a matching Deferred Profit Sharing Plan, corporate discounts and a mandatory social club which requires $10/month. We believe in our employees and their contribution to our success so, in addition to vacation, we also provide an Earned-Time-Off program. It is our pleasure to reward our teams with other special events such as a yearly flu shot clinic.
Thank you for considering our organization.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Accommodations available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)