PSW – Personal Support Worker(s): Night Shift and Weekends
Openings Available in Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Centre/North Wellington
Part-time Positions Available
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health and Long Term Care) funded organization.
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
Our team of healthcare professionals delivers care to thousands of clients each day enabling people to close the gap between their healthcare needs and overall well-being, caring the way we care for our own loved ones.
The ideal Personal Support Worker will have:
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) Certificate from a recognized accredited institution from a province in Canada or equivalent or Nursing Students in their 3rd and 4th year of a Nursing Program
- Outstanding focus on client safety
- Exemplary skills in delivering high-quality customer experiences
- A proven track record of being accountable for multiple deliverables, reporting and high- quality performance
- Experience in independent problem solving and recognizing when support from peers and supervisors is needed
- A Personal Support Worker - PSW - Certificate or equivalent from a recognized institution in the province of Ontario OR a retired nurse or Nursing student or Internationally trained nurse, or Nursing students in their 3rd or 4th year of a Nursing Program.
- Access to a reliable vehicle and Canadian’s Drivers license is a must
Your role will require:
- A strong focus on client safety and ethical standards;
- Developing respectful working relationships with clients and families to meet their care needs with the ability to maintain customer satisfaction
- Respectful of the dignity and individuality of each client
- Providing personal care to meet the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of each client
- Observing , assessing, and reporting changes in clients’ behaviors and activities
- Participating in multidisciplinary team work
- Physical lifting abilities
Why should you apply?
- Group Benefits and flexible hours
- Paid travel
- Positive culture and 24/7 professional support
- Corporate gym membership
- Opportunities for further education
Closing the Gap offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive wages and group benefits
CTG offers flexible hours, a comprehensive compensation package, and a positive culture that provides discipline specific professional support and education.
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our “Team Made for Caring”.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in this job description, we invite you to visit our website to apply for this position.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.50-$19.00 per hour
- Home Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal Support Worker (Preferred)