Do you have at least five years’ experience supporting management level or legal professionals? Are you considered a positive individual with a strong work ethic that those you support can count on? We have an excellent opportunity as an Executive Assistant in our Corporate Legal Department, where you would be responsible for a broad range of full-time administrative support.
This position is based out of our Calgary, Alberta office.
- General administrative support for 3+ lawyers
- Assist in the preparation of contracts and other legal documents; compare documents; PDF document conversion. Proofread and finalize documents.
- Use case management software to enter matter information, set up new vendors, recommend payment of invoices, and enter attorney's weekly matter updates.
- Manage and maintain an electronic database in doeAscent and SharePoint. Maintain the Legal Department file room and company license files.
- Manage lawyer Outlook folders, file management, document retention and other administrative support functions, including the preparation and organization of Professional Services Agreements and related documents.
- Assist with the preparation of Legal Department reports.
- Act as a coordinator between the Legal Department and Company management. Clarify and resolve problems. Contact with third parties via telephone and email.
- Arrange travel reservations through Concur; prepare expense reports; arrange cross border travel. Track expense reimbursements.
- Schedule seminars and continuing legal education courses. Book meetings, conference calls, and web-ex conferences. Coordinate meals for meetings. Keep attorney calendars updated.
- Conduct WestLaw legal research under direction of Department attorneys.
- Monitor office supplies; distribute department mail.
- Coordinate technical support; assist with audio/visual needs in conference rooms.
- Perform Notary Public functions, as applicable.
- Utilize safe and proper work practices consistent with Company policy. Identify work place safety hazards and take all appropriate corrective action.
- Produce quality work, meeting requirements of company policies, procedures and industry standards: Read, understand and apply company policies and procedures to assigned tasks.
- Post Secondary education in the areas of business, office management, communication, legal assistant and/or paralegal certificate or other field related to position. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting management level professionals; previous experience supporting legal professionals is a plus.
- Ability to assist lawyers with a high degree of professionalism, initiative, accuracy, discretion, and confidentiality; superior attention to detail and accuracy of work. Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures; ability to organize and coordinate group work efforts; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate and interact with attorneys and company management; independently solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technology.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure; handle rush projects, manage multiple priorities, and function under time constraints.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Commissioner for Oaths designation strongly preferred
- Ability to lift a maximum of 20 pounds; Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop; Ability to work in an office environment with overhead lighting and some natural window light. Generally, will be working at a desk utilizing a computer, phones, writing, or other equipment.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
- Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
- RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.