Al Premium Food Mart is one of large-scale supermarkets in Toronto that caters to more than one visible minority population. In addition to the stuff you would normally find in a grocery store that caters to more mainstream tastes like vegetables, fruits, milk, and potato chips, Al Premium proudly brings various other items that cater to the East Asian (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, Korean), Southeast Asian (e.g. Malaysian, Thai, Filipino) and South Asian (e.g. India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka) diaspora. With our rapid expansion in GTA. We operate 3 grand stores in Toronto. We teamed up with Walmart in 2016 and have 5 in-stores in Walmart now.
We are currently hiring Deli Supervisor for the following location:
Al Premium Food Mart - Eglinton (1970 Eglinton Ave E)
Deli Clerk Responsibilities:
- Providing responsive, exceptional service to deli counter customers by answering questions, making recommendations, providing samples, and responding to requests.
- Recommending, slicing, weighing, packaging, and pricing meats and cheeses.
- Preparing special orders and party trays.
- Updating displays, cases, and other customer-facing areas to ensure new items and promotions are showcased.
- Ensuring that work areas are ready to service customers by cleaning surfaces, equipment, and floors, removing trash, and confirming that tools are in working order.
- Following all food safety and sanitation procedures established by the company and other regulatory agencies.
- Cooperating with others to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Confirming that all displays, products, and services comply with company standards.
Hourly wage based on performance and experience
Vacation pay; company insurance after 3-month probation
Job Type: Part-time
- Deli Clerk: 1 year (Required)