Benchmark Botanics Inc. is a publicly-traded company based out of Vancouver, British Columbia. With the support of our global partners, we acquired our first subsidiary, Potanicals Green Growers Inc. in November 2017. Potanicals is a licensed producer of cannabis under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (“ACMPR”) that is currently cultivating within a 12,700 square foot production facility (Phase I). We utilize advanced cultivation methods and have developed significant opportunities in the medical marijuana market in Canada and overseas.
Benchmark Botanics Inc. values its employees. We aim to build the most ideal environment for employees to thrive in a safe, relaxing, and efficient atmosphere.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The QA Professional is a new position in our fast-growing, dynamic and highly innovative industry. The individual will be responsible to lead and oversee the QA activities across multiple locations in Greater Vancouver, BC. This position will play a vital role towards the continuous improvement and growth of Benchmark Botanics Inc.
Oversees both quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) compliance with Health Canada guidelines regarding business, production, security, packaging under the standard of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as well as the Cannabis Act program.
- Ability to develop, update and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), production records and Quality Manuals.
- Oversee critical/technical review of documents, test results, procedures, and production equipment, including equipment qualification and validation.
- Ensure compliance with regulations through auditing and quality systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a relevant field, such as: Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Regulations, Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Strong computer skills (word, excel, powerpoint, Visio).
- Comfortable presenting in front of small to medium-sized groups.
- Systems and process thinker who understands the importance of auditing as continuous improvement and how it fits within the Quality Management System and Risk Management.
- Must have an eye for detail, if possible also some firsthand experience with auditing tools
- Exceptional listening, communication, analytical, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working with regulations and compliance such as Health Canada, ISO, GMP.
- Preferably strong knowledge of GMP, Health Canada regulations and Cannabis Act requirements.
- Auditing experience is desirable.
- Experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Document Management, Regulations or Quality Administration in Pharmaceuticals, Research and Development, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Manufacturing etc. is an asset.
- Knowledge working with various ERP systems, such as AmpleOrganic, SharePoint, and Hubspot CRM is an asset.
- Certified Quality Auditor in good standing is considered an asset.
- Certification in LEAN, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement considered an asset.
- Previous experience developing and implementing training material and/or training programs for auditing considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Preferred)