The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board offers dynamic, high quality educational programs for nearly 33,000 elementary, secondary and adult students in the 100 schools within our jurisdiction. As part of our strategy to provide on-going support for our schools, the Board is now accepting resumes from qualified applicants for the position of Casual Custodian
Applicants for this position must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Secondary school graduation diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of six (6) months related experience in a custodial/cleaning operation
- Experience/ability to operate a full range of cleaning equipment
- Proficiency in the use of computers
- Valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle
- Good interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Experience in minor building maintenance is an asset
- Applicants will be required to undergo a Functional Abilities Assessment to determine their ability to perform the physical aspects of the job
Please Note: Initial employment is on a call-in basis to fill temporary assignments at various locations. Shift work is a requirement of the job.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a letter of application and a complete resume stating qualifications.
KPRDSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about what this means in our organization, please refer to our website at www.kprschools.ca (See "Employment" section).
The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board fully supports those employees with disabilities and who may require accommodations in the workplace. Detailed information on workplace accommodations at KPR can be found on the Board Website in both our Policies and Administrative Regulations. Individual requests for accommodation should be forwarded to Disability Management Specialist/WSIB in Human Resources.
KPRDSB is committed to a workforce that is representative of the diversity of the people of Ontario and across the communities we serve. KPRDSB encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
A police records check, with a Vulnerable Sector Search and Pardoned Sexual Offenders Database Search, dated within 6 months prior to the date of hire, is a requirement for employment with this Board. Please note that there have been reports that it has taken some candidates up to 6 weeks to obtain a police check. With that in mind, we strongly recommend that you go about obtaining this search at your earliest convenience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diane Lloyd, Chairperson of the Board Dr.
Jennifer Leclerc, Director of Education
***Thank you for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
- custodial: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Peterborough (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Preferred)