Finance and Accounting Director
My client is a First Nation in Northern Alberta who is seeking a Finance and Accounting Director:
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of:
- all government reports and remittances such as T4's and CRA payroll remittances; and
- of all remittances and reports for the Pension and Benefit Plan of the Corporations.
- Accounts Receivable:
- Recording deposits received from the Federal Government
- Department Allocations:
- Review the general ledger every three months to ensure that allocations have been done correctly.
- Prepare bi-monthly departmental reports showing expenditures and budget tracking
- Work with leadership in developing annual budgets and expenditures
- Bank Reconciliations:
- Ensure that all bank accounts are reconciled to the GL of the appropriate corporation on a monthly basis in a timely fashion.
- E*. Audit and Financial Statements: *
- Ensure that all information required by the auditor is forwarded in the time frame set out by the auditor for the accurate and timely preparation of the Annual Audit and company financial reviews and Tax Returns.
- Submit Financial Statements, GL and Departmental Reports to Managers as requested.
- Ensure that GST returns are filed with Canada Revenue Agency on an annual basis as required by CRA for each corporation. File the return online and pay any GST owed.
- Direction and Guidance to Bookkeeper:
- Provide direction and training to First Nation bookkeeper as required.
- Approximate Hours Per Month: 40-45
- Some Travel to the First Nation is required.
- Experience with Simply Accounting and First Nations financing is a must.
Job Type: Part-time
- Finance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)