As a Store Manager you will report directly to the Brand Manager, and you will be responsible for managing every facet of the business in order to effectively and efficiently ensure adherence to company policy and procedure. You will be expected to drive sales by motivating and assisting staff in reaching and exceeding goals. You will provide guidance to the sales team to deliver exceptional customer service in order to support sales growth. You will execute and meet operational objectives. You will possess the following Swatch Core Competencies: Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Build Effective Teams and Relationships, Creativity and Problem-Solving, and Humility and Integrity.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SALES GENERATION
· Achieve consistently positive customer service results based on Swatch Six Selling Principles and develop a sales team that can deliver on the same expectations.
· Establish and communicate sales targets for the retail team.
· Monitor performance results of the store and the sales team; providing them coaching initiatives to motivate the achievements of sales targets.
· Train sales team on all Swatch core and launch product knowledge to offer selection guidance to customers.
· Direct and organize employees in the daily functions of standard operating procedures.
· Prepare and manage employee schedules in order to meet business needs.
· Ensure store meets payroll targets by effectively managing fluctuations in business and changes in business needs.
· Analyze sales transactions daily through the use of audit tools, and report any transaction errors to head office team.
· Monitor bank deposit activities.
· Adhere to opening and closing procedures.
· Comply with inventory control processes to prevent asset loss (shrink).
· Prepare daily sales updates and sales ledgers; weekly business overview for head office.
· Proactively plan for vacation coverage and high volume periods to ensure no business disruption.
· Deliver reports as per request by head office in accordance with allotted deadlines.
· Monitor supply levels and follow established procedures for replenishment
· Hire, develop, train and discipline sales team to ensure standards are met and company growth is supported.
· Create a positive work environment and encourage open communication between staff and head office.
· Conduct Performance Appraisals, Individual Development Plans and Performance Improvement Plans.
· Communicate all policy violations with head office and issue disciplinary action as instructed.
· Enforce all policies and procedures with staff and communicate changes as they are implemented.
· Deliver on the expectation of executing merchandise launches.
· Comply with visual merchandising standards set forth by head office.
· Ensure housekeeping standards are met consistently, including scheduling maintenance and repairs according to established procedures.
· Maintain safety standards in the workplace; prevent accidents and report all incidents of unsafe conditions and/or practices in a timely manner.
· Serves as a role model with respect to Swatch policies and procedures (i.e.: dress code, time keeping, shopping discounts, etc.)
· Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
· At least 3 years retail management experience, preferably in fashion and/or accessories.
· Availability to work opening and closing shifts; flexible hours including weekends, holidays and merchandising launch dates
· Strong communication skills (verbal & written), including strong relationship building skills.
· Effective leadership skills to mentor and motivate retail team.
· Results oriented with a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
· Ability to communicate in a clear concise and understandable manner.
· Must be a self-starter who works well independently and in team environments.
· Intermediate computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office.
Full-Time, Minimum 40 hours per week. Must maintain open availability to meet the needs of the business and may be required to work more than 40 hours a week, certain holidays and blackout dates.
Work is performed with moderate physical effort is required and significant walking and standing is required for the majority of each shift. While this position has a low risk of injury, the position requires lifting, pushing, pulling and holding (up to 35 lbs and above with appropriate support) of boxes and store fixtures, as well as, significant focus when completing paperwork, cash management or using the POS.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $55,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Retail management: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person