Legal Assistant/Law Clerk for a small Family Law & Estate Litigation practice in Vaughan
- The successful Law Clerk candidate will demonstrate a strong work ethic with excellent organizational and communication skills, must have a positive attitude, be fluent in English (speaking, reading & writing), able to work independently, be detail-oriented and creative in problem solving.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Initiating the organization of and managing of files or parts of files, in particular financial disclosure;
- Calculating litigation time lines and ensuring deadlines are met;
- Liaising with clients and other professionals;
- Drafting Family documents such as Financial Statements, Net Family Property Statements, Financial Disclosure Briefs, etc.;
- Creating and maintaining a document database, and indexing and cross-referencing financial documents;
- Creating and maintaining a case file database for litigation;
- Compiling and responding to disclosure requests, and reviewing and ensuring sufficiency of responses received to our disclosure requests;
- Other duties, as required
- Legal Administrative Assistant or Law Clerk Diploma from a recognized college;
- Minimum 2 years of local Ontario experience as law clerk with specific Family Law practice experience
- General litigation experience is an asset
- Knowledge of Estate Litigation is an asset
- Knowledge of the Family Law Rules and Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Must possess strong attention to detail and exceptional proofreading skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional, efficient manner with clients and external contacts.
- Highly organized, team player with the ability to work under pressure, deal with changing priorities and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision when required;
- Excellent proficiency with DivorceMate and MS Office Suite 2016 products including Word, Excel, Outlook, digital dictation and generally strong computer literacy.
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence & salary expectations.
We thank all applicants but will only be contacting those who best align with our requirements.
No agencies or calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- local Ontario: 2 years (Required)
- Family Law: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Vaughan, ON (Preferred)
- English (Required)