We are looking for a fun and smart web developer who likes working with Microsoft technologies and has experience developing websites and web apps using the .NET framework. You will primarily work with the Sitecore Experience platform (built on ASP.NET and related technologies) and you will take part in various types of projects from a wide range of industries (Finance, Media, Government, Education, Retail, etc.).
This is an opportunity for someone who wants to feel their contribution makes a significant impact to the success and growth of the company. You would be joining a core team of experts where you can further your skillset while having fun doing it. If you're smart, adaptable, confident enough to work independently and nice enough to work collaboratively, we would love to meet you!
We plan to expand to our team by more than one candidate with various degrees of experience and expertise. We are looking for someone experienced and can hit the ground running. But we are absolutely open to passionate and skilled developers fresh out of school looking to wow us.
You can expect to be
- Designing, customizing, and implementing user focused CMS solutions: websites, portals, intranets, web apps
- Creating high quality, scalable, and flexible code
- Working closely with our project managers, business analysts, designers, UX and IA specialists, QA teams and solution architects to deliver solutions on time and on budget to our clients
- Integrating external systems into solutions to create unified experiences
- Creating supportive tools, utilities, CMS enhancement plugins/modules
- Testing and documenting solutions as necessary
- Brainstorming and supporting other team members to collaboratively solve problems
- Discussing crazy ideas and stories, and re-filling the coffee pot
We're looking for
- Experience creating responsive, interactive websites or web apps
- 2+ years of experience with .NET development using C#
- Experience with ASP.NET using both MVC and Web Forms
- Experience working with SQL/LINQ
- Experience creating and consuming web services and APIs: JSON, REST
- Understanding of object-oriented design and development concepts
- Enjoy being challenged, constantly learning, and solving problems
- Effective oral and written communication in English
- University degree/college diploma in Computer Science or similar foundation of knowledge
- Considers programming to be an artform
- Development experience with Sitecore
- Development experience in other .NET based CMS systems (ex: Umbraco, Kentico, EpiServer, Sitefinity, DNN, Ektron)
- Experience using Microsoft Azure or other cloud technologies
- Experience using source code management systems and continuous integration/deployment systems (ex: GIT, SVN, TeamCity, Gulp, PowerShell ...)
- Experience with any front-end frameworks, libraries, or standards (ex: React, AngularJS, jQuery, Bootstrap, BEM, SMACSS, W3C standards ...)
- Experience installing/administration of Windows Server, IIS, Apache, SQL Server, Solr/Lucene, or MongoDB
- Experience working with Xamarin, or creating native Android and iOS apps
- Experience with any other web technologies or CMS systems (ex: PHP, node.js, WordPress, Drupal)
- Experience integrating or working with any enterprise-level CRM, ERP, Document, Digital Asset Management systems (ex: SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, SAP)
- Passion for ongoing learning and continuous improvement, particularly around process and methodology
- Resides in Edmonton, Alberta or can travel on occasion as necessary
Kickbyte Digital is a digital agency that focuses on engagement and human connections in a digital world. We recognize that people ultimately crave authenticity in a human connection. What makes Kickbyte remarkable is our dedicated digital marketing efforts centered around creating memorable, human customer experiences. Our human-centric philosophy is grounded in our digital strategy, design, user interactions and everything we do. We grow human connections through technology.
We are focused on bringing inspiration and innovation in every initiative we undertake. We like to play, solve, and learn, and we are passionate about what we do. We offer awesome perks, remote working opportunities, competitive salary with bonuses, an ownership culture, and anything you need to be successful and happy.
If you are interested in joining a growing company and have the skills and desire to succeed, send us your resume and portfolio. We review every legitimate submission in-depth and look forward to having a conversation with you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Salary: $40,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- HTML5: 2 years (Required)
- .net: 2 years (Required)
- ASP.NET using MVC: 2 years (Required)
- CSS3: 2 years (Required)