Title: Food Store Manager
Co-op: Yellowknife Direct Charge Co-op
Location: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Benefits of working at Yellowknife Co-op include: a competitive salary, annual vacation, employer-matched pension plan, comprehensive group benefits plan, career development opportunities, and annual performance plan.
As the capital of the Northwest Territories, Yellowknife has a lot to offer, from shopping in upscale boutiques and fine dining in award-winning restaurants to almost unlimited recreational opportunities. Located on the shores of the Great Slave Lake, this vibrant and prosperous city is known for its midnight sun, aurora borealis and a unique blend of northern culture and bustling city living.
Yellowknife Co-op is a retail consumer co-operative that provides a fast paced, growth oriented work environment. Our team has a reputation for providing fair prices and the best customer service in the North. If you think you’ve got what it takes to work and play here, we’d like to hear from you today.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the YK Co-op General Manager, the Food Store Manager will be responsible to assist the General Manager with the overall organization, coordination and direction of the departments of YK Co-op including the C Store.
The Food Store Manager will play a pivotal, hands on role in building strong customer relationships based on the principles of professional, friendly and efficient customer service.
Responsibilities will include the following:
· To organize, direct and co-ordinate the operations of the store to achieve budgeted goals.
· To co-ordinate the work of all departments.
· Maintain consistent buying and selling policies.
· To direct the preparation of sales and promotional events.
· To provide “You’re at Home Here” level of customer service satisfaction.
· To be responsible for accounting and reporting procedures as required.
· To assume responsibility for maintenance of competitive prices and initiating price checks.
· To be responsible for security of buildings, cash, property and equipment, maintenance, etc., at the store.
· To administer the personnel policy and union agreements in consultation with the General Manager.
· Five to ten years retail management experience in food operations preferred.
· Strong financial management skills including the ability to review and analyze financial statements.
· Ability to manage inventory levels, order stock and price products to achieve gross margin targets.
· Excellent people management skills in a cross-cultural environment.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Possesses superior interpersonal skills, with a commitment to providing exceptional "You're at Home Here" customer service.
· Knowledge and experience with MS Office programs and other technical aspects including the operation and administration of Point of Sale (POS) computer systems.
· Highly organized.
· Strong skills taking initiative.
· Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
If you do not currently reside in Yellowknife, this position could also include assistance with relocation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Retail management (Food Operations): 5 years (Preferred)