About the Company
The Black Dirt Company is a landscaping supply center and trucking company located in the heart of the City of Spruce Grove. We specialize in the sale and delivery of topsoil, garden mix, decorative rock, sand & gravel, fill clay, sod and other various landscaping products. During the winter months we conduct snow removal of commercial sites which utilizes various equipment and trucks to push/pile/haul out snow. We also cater to both small to large construction projects and provide custom solutions and quality service. Our unique ability to service a variety of customer needs, and commitment to the highest standard of safety has made us a recognized leader in the industry. Our projects are successful because we focus on our staff and treat customers the way they want to be treated. We understand the drivers and motivators of our employees and allow them to build a successful career that best suits them personally and professionally.
You are more than just an employee. You are part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in the community. We offer a very competitive compensation package, and will not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes your personal and professional growth. In preparation for the snow removal season, we are searching for a position of Snow Removal Operator.
As the Snow Removal Operator, you will provide equipment operation services to all external customers. This on-call contract position for the 2019/20 winter will be on an as needed basis dependant on weather conditions and the snow removal contract requirements. Pushing/piling snow using a loader and/or skid steer will be required. There is the potential for this position to extend into an on-call year-round, permanent position which may include operating in main yard or at dirt/clay removal sites. In this position, you will gain thorough knowledge of all Black Dirt Company products; and an exceptional understanding of equipment operations.
Your Accountability: This position will be responsible for completing the work under the direction and supervision of the Lead Snow Removal Operator and President.
- Operate Loader and/or Skid Steer, and hand-tools
- Push/pile snow and load trucks for snow removal contracts
- Always represent the company’s best interest, maintain the highest level of integrity and professionalism
- Complete snow removal to customer specifications and quality standards
- Complete work safely; wear required PPE and fill out necessary safety forms
- Perform inspections and maintenance on equipment & tools; correct minor deficiencies; report major deficiencies to Lead Snow Removal Operator
- Conduct accurate Snow Removal Site Assessments to evaluate hazards on site
- Report any issues or concerns to Lead Snow Removal Operator
- Maintain a respectful workplace
- Report Near Miss and Incidents/Illnesses and Property Damage, submit completed forms to Lead or Safety Manager
- Work with Safety Manager to correctly handle incident investigations, when necessary
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace (equipment, shop/wash bay) to minimize hazards; help correct or delegate any deficiencies
- Report to Lead Snow Removal Operator and/or Safety Manager with operator noncompliance issues regarding company rules, policies and procedures
- Previous experience an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract (submit upon application or upon interview process).
- Highly motivated, self-driven, flexible and detailed oriented.
- Capable of working in variable outdoor elements.
- Great time management skills; available for seasonal long hours, a clear schedule to work all hours of the day, any day of the week and a strong work ethic. This position will require, although rare, potential holiday work.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and enjoys a fast-paced work environment.
- Punctual and dependable with a can-do attitude.
- This is a weather dependent position with no guaranteed hours.
- Ability to operate Loader, Skid Steer, and hand-tools
- Training In: Equipment Inspection Training, Truck Loading Capacity, Hotsy, Working Alone Policy, Hazard Reporting, Time Sheets, Job Sheets, WHMIS
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $22.00 to $28.00 /hour
- Snow Removal Equipment Operating: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Required)
- English (Required)