Mobile Tutors is Edmonton's #1 and multiple award-winning provider of in-home tutoring, online tutoring and test prep services. We are proud to have been recognized as the best tutoring company in Northern Alberta by Consumer Choice Award.
We deliver flexible and personalized tutoring programs in the comfort of a student’s home. We specialize in all subject areas and cater to all students and all grade levels from Pre-K to University level. In recent years, we have expanded our in-home tutoring services to Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Spruce Grove, Beaumont, Fort Saskatchewan, Devon, and surrounding areas.
At Mobile Tutors, our tutors are expected to motivate and challenge students. This is an essential aspect of a tutor’s job and perhaps the most important in that the tutor should foster a healthy sense of accomplishment and self-esteem in the student to promote continued academic growth and development. Our tutors are one of the highest paid in the tutoring industry.
We are currently looking to hire experienced in-home and online tutors for K-12 and University tutoring in the following subject areas:
Elementary (K to 6) -- Math, Science, Reading, Language Arts, Social Studies, French, French Immersion, Generalist.
Junior High (Grade 7 to 9) -- Math, Science, Social Studies, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English Language Arts, French Language Arts, French Immersion (Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Math), Generalist.
High School (Grade 10 to 12) – Math, Science, Social Studies, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English Language Arts, French Language Arts, French Immersion (Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Math).
University - Math, Statistics, Physics, Finance, Economics, Biology, Chemistry, Accounting, English, Statics, Dynamics, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Engineering related courses
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Enthusiastic, patient and compassionate individual who is motivated to see their student succeed
- University student/University Graduate/Certified Teacher/Substitute Teacher/Retired Teacher/Subject Specialist
- Enrolled in or completed a post-secondary program
- Minimum 1-year Canadian tutoring or teaching experience is an asset but not a requirement
- Provide academic support to students based on expertise and knowledge in given subject areas.
- Provide supplemental weekly assignments and bi-weekly testing to help students get a better understanding of course material.
- Required to check students’ work for accuracy or proper execution.
- Required to meet with parents or guardians to discuss student progress.
- Required to communicate with the student’s classroom teachers if necessary
- Required to use Mobile Tutors software system
- Familiarity with the Alberta curriculum is an asset but not a requirement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Display positive attitude and rapport with students
- Willingness to undergo security clearance/background check
- For in-Home Tutoring - Must have a reliable car to travel to and from clients’ homes in Edmonton, Sherwood Park or St. Albert and surrounding areas for in-person tutoring
- For Online Tutoring - Must have a reliable computer or laptop or tablet equipped with a microphone, webcam and connection to high-speed internet.
- Flexible working hours and regular weekly schedule with the same student(s) throughout the school year.
- Tutoring hours vary from 3 to 30 hours per week, depending on the tutor’s availability and number of students
- A Minimum of 1.5-hour per tutoring session and 3 hours per week.
- Pay Rate: $20 to $30 per hour
- Prompt monthly payments for all tutoring hours completed
- Regular client feedback and tutor performance appraisal
- Interested applicants are encouraged to visit our careers website (http://mobiletutors.ca/careers/) to send their resume and cover letter detailing their tutoring experience, subject(s) and grade levels they are interested in tutoring.
Job Type: Contract
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)