MRO Electronic Supply is an ISO 9001 certified custom cable assembly manufacturer specializing in overmolded cable assemblies for deployment in harsh environments and is also a distributor of industrial electronic components. We provide our services to a number of industries, including Oil & Gas, Mining, Agriculture, Automotive, Telecom, Robotics and Defense. We take pride in our history and growth (established in 1991, currently 100+ employees), as well as our commitment to quality and customer service.
Why Work at MRO Electronics?
Job security in a growing company
Opportunity for advancement
Great culture & family owned operation
Benefits package with added health spending account & EFAP program
In this position, you would have the opportunity to develop your own sales territory by maintaining relationships with current customers and bringing in new ones to drive business. You will be an ambassador of our company, becoming a trusted face to our customers while also adhering to company values and policy. As a member of our team, you will use your strong interpersonal skills to provide service and support to your customers as needed, which may include coordinating with other departments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusting content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focus sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submit orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills & Competencies Required:
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales, preferably outside sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer Service
- Ability to meet and exceed sales goals
- Prospecting, negotiation and closing skills
- Territory management
- Presentation skills
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Proficiency in G-Suite applications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or a related field is preferred
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas Industry considered an asset
- Previous experience or knowledge of custom cable assemblies and manufacturing also considered an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- outside sales: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)