Job title :
ADULT DAY SERVICE WORKER
OVERLANDER EXTENDED CARE
We are currently seeking Adult Day Service Workers to join our dedicated and energetic team at Overlander Extended Care in Kamloops!
Overlander, is a 183 bed long-term care facility located in Kamloops, that believes that each person is a unique and valuable individual who will be treated with respect and dignity. We encourage the involvement of the residents, their family and friends in decision making.
Working within a client-centered model, the Adult Day Service Worker is responsible for meeting the needs of an assigned group of clients by assisting them in carrying out established programs and activity of daily living tasks.
This is a casual opportunity. Days of work may be Tuesday to Friday and shift times are 09:00-17:00 on an as needed basis. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internally posted jobs which includes temporary and permanent opportunities.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will have completed a recognized Activity Assistant program and bring recent related experience, along with strong communication and collaboration skills.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces...Be part of a dynamic team!
Grade 12, completion of an Activity Assistant Program, and one year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Food Safe certificate.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to instruct.
- Knowledge of, and ability to do, various arts and crafts, handicrafts, and sports activities.
- Knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation principles.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with