Job title :
PROGRAM ASSISTANT – EKH MENTAL HEALTH
EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
East Kootenay Regional Hospital is looking for a Casual Program Assistant to join their Mental Health Team.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current 5 minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
- Your Medical Terminology Certificate
- Your Resume indicating two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
This position performs a variety of administrative support functions such as word processing, composing and preparing general correspondence for signature, telephone answering, responding to general inquiries related to the program, and coordinating the scheduling of meetings and travel as directed. Typical duties and responsibilities include:
Hours of work:
- Types a variety of correspondence including letters, memoranda, reports, forms, presentation material, newsletters from rough draft, general instruction and/or recording devises;
- Coordinates meetings, as directed, by booking meeting rooms and relevant equipment, arranging catering, sending out meeting requests, and typing and circulating agendas and relevant supporting material;
- Coordinates travel arrangements as directed, by booking and confirming flights, vehicles and accommodation as required;
- Receives invoices and prepares staff expenses, reimbursements and monthly corporate visa statements;
- Provides relevant/required information to the Purchasing Department in order for a consultant contract to be generated;
- Maintains office supply inventory and required support material by placing orders, receiving and storing supplies and generating purchase orders;
- Prepares statistical information as required by gathering and compiling data, developing and formatting statistical charts and graphs using appropriate software;
- Prepares and maintains web based communications and program/department intranet site and/or SharePoint site from general instruction using appropriate software;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Monday to Friday - 08:00 to 16:00.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a 5 minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
- Medical Terminology certificate
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.