Front Desk Agent
Holloway Lodging Corporation - Westmark Whitehorse
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE:
- Greet and register guests, provide prompt and courteous service, and close out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet Holloway and brand high standards of quality.
- Demonstrate a positive and proactive attitude and be committed to providing exceptional guest care through use of initiative and empowered decision
- Check in/check out guests in a friendly and professional manner ensuring accuracy of all information/billing
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Holloway and brand marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Carry out all Guest Services and cashiering duties achieving accuracy and logical work sequence
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Promptly answer the switchboard in a friendly, caring and courteous manner ensuring messages are recorded and promptly passed on or voicemail explained/utilized in line with property and company
- Be skilled in the taking of reservations and understand and apply yield management principles and selling techniques in order to maximize on Revenue Per Available Room and contribute to achieving or exceeding the department
- Be competent in the use of the computer in line with laid down
- Liaise with Housekeeping and Maintenance regarding the availability of rooms in order to contribute to the smooth running of the property and the satisfaction of our
- Send faxes, make photocopies, as required by the guest ensuring correct charging for all business services.
- Be alert to/respond to guest needs ensuring special requests are dealt with or channeled through to the appropriate department with documentation and follow up as required in order to contribute to the development of customer
- Carry out security checks of the lobby (or liaise with security as appropriate) to ensure property and employee safety following procedures laid down by property
- Ensure full completion of all duties relating to the shift and a concise hand over in order to assist the smooth running of the property, effective team work and guest
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
GENERAL STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To adhere to all matters relating to hygiene, health, safety and emergency procedures as laid down by law and by company
- To carry out any reasonable
- To provide exceptional customer service with positive addressing of guest concerns/complaints in line with company
- To work and communicate in a professional and ethical manner with colleagues assisting where necessary to achieve standards required by company
- To be committed to achievement of the company, property and department Mission
- To be a “sales person” by active promotion of property facilities and company/property specific promotions in order to contribute to overall
- To assist with team member orientation/training within the department as required by company
- To maintain standards of punctuality, uniform /dress code as appropriate to position and personal hygiene as required by property and company
- To be aware of and comply with company and house
- To contribute to energy conservation and ensure safe usage/storage of all materials/equipment/chemicals as per manufacturers’
- To attend meetings as requested and to recognize the importance of contributing new ideas and initiative to the overall success of the
- To assist with cleaning duties in order to maintain a clean and well-organized work area in line with property
- To adhere to the Property Crisis Communication Plan to ensure that inquiries from the media are responded to by the nominated spokesperson in line with company
- To contribute to the security of the building, company assets and guest/co-worker safety with full adherence to security procedures with proper handling of keys/cash as appropriate to the position following procedures laid down by company
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.25 /hour
- hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)