The Berkshire Hathaway brand is synonymous with trust, integrity, prudent risk taking and doing business the right way. Like all great brands, ours continues to be forged based on the actions of our people – every one of us – who live it day to day and over time. We are looking for a confident, self-motivated and energetic individual to fill the position of Data Quality Analyst in our Toronto office.
Position objectives and position summary:
Reporting to the Divisional Manager, Retroceded Admin, the Data Quality Analyst will have strong analytical and technical abilities, be able to condense data into digestible information and create analytical reports for use by other areas within the Company. The successful candidate will be technically adept, have strong computer and analytical skills and will be keen to learn and implement new solutions as technology evolves. We are looking for a quick learner who thrives on challenge, is comfortable researching new technologies and has excellent interpersonal and communication skills that will enable them to work effectively with others.
- Develop and maintain customized electronic data routines for each reinsurance client to upload electronic files;
- Analyze client data after loading to our Retention Management system and determine root cause of any data problems;
- Interpret large sets of data and analyze results;
- Develop reports and analytics to identify trends and anomalies;
- Proactively participate to streamline and automate processes, where appropriate;
- Monitor and provide solutions to improve systems and operations business processes;
- Assist in design, testing and implementation changes to our business systems;
- Assist in analysis by performing queries against the data;
- Assist with the analysis of premium and identify trends;
- Assist in projects, as required.
- University degree is required;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel and Access;
- Knowledge of SQL Query, Power Query, Power Pivot and Business Intelligence tools would be an asset;
- Experience in data management, data mining, building analytics reports and process automation;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Strong technical, analytical and detail oriented skills;
- Highly organized and ambitious;
- Team oriented;
- Shows initiative, is proactive and flexible;
- Has an aptitude for technology and mathematics.
Job Type: Full-time