Prism Eye Institute has celebrated over 50 years of service to the community through an innovative collaboration, Credit Valley Eye Care, Osler Eye Care, and GoEyeCare: the same doctors and locations you know and trust, but offering new services, procedures and technologies. As Prism, we continue to focus on the best patient experience and best practices in the eye care spectrum.
In 2020 North Toronto eye Care (NTEC) merged with Prism Eye Institute, to form Prism Group Holdings (Prism) and the largest Ophthalmology practice in Canada. Prism is an internationally renowned institute with 5 facilities and 2 surgical centres, together they serve over 200,000 patients and perform 10,000 surgeries each year. Prism is a centre of excellence providing a full spectrum of eye care and recognized for handling some of the most complex eye diseases in the world.
Prism is currently looking for an intake specialist to join our team. This person is responsible for managing our online portal to process patients eye health / appointment inquiries as well as incoming and outgoing calls, booking appointments, answering patient inquiries while providing a high level of customer service at all times.
- Proper phone etiquette and to maintain professionalism at all times.
- Understanding patient triaging.
- Ability to respond to patient inquiries and understand who to direct calls to accordingly.
- Ability to make necessary appointment bookings, and changes as required.
- Assist in providing metrics for quality key indicators.
- Identify and escalate priority issues.
- Route calls to appropriate resource.
- Follow up patient calls where necessary.
- Document/log all call information according to standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of call centre telephony and technology.
- Knowledge of administration and clerical processes.
- Provides ideas and suggestions to increase the efficiency/profitability of operational processes.
- Excellent communication skills and understanding to be able to perform with minimal guidance.
- Informs the management team immediately of any situations that have a major impact on business.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and organizational information.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
- Have you received at least 1 dose of the Covid-19 Vaccine?
- Have you received both doses of the Covid-19 Vaccine?
- If no, do you plan on receiving the Covid-19 Vaccine in the future?
- If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to medical or religious reasons, will you be able to provide appropriate documentation for such an exemption?