Food, Beverage & Retail Counter Server
Would you like to spend your summer cruising out on Lake Muskoka? Well, then we've got an opportunity for you.
At Lady Muskoka Cruises, we have a team of amazing people who work together to create memorable and lasting experiences for our guests who visit us from all over the world. Our commitment to quality, safety, and the environment is reflective of everything that we do! If you are an enthusiastic team player who thrives in a work environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, we may just have the opportunity for you!
The Food, Beverage & Retail Counter Serverensures that all guests of Lady Muskoka Cruises are offered and receive prompt food, beverage, and retail service on land and on water. The Counter Server provides guests with excellent customer service while selling and upselling food, beverage, and retail items. This is all done while maintaining a clean and appealing work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- greets guests in a polite and pleasant manner; answers questions in regards to Bracebridge and other local attractions
- takes and serves food and beverage orders in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible for all sales transactions from selling food, beverage and retail items to cash reconciling in an accurate and timely fashion
- upsells items to guests that would best accompany the type of boat experience or food and beverage items they are purchasing (i.e. glow product with nighttime boat experience, novelty glass with beverage)
- expert knowledge of retail offerings, food and beverage menu items, and food ingredients
- executes all opening and closing activities which include stocking, replenishing, wiping, sweeping and other duties as required to maintain an appealing, hygienic, and safe environment for staff and guests
- counts money in cash drawers at the beginning of shift (sorts, counts currency and coins) to ensure that amounts are correct and that change amounts are adequate
- rotates food and beverage products by practicing first in and first out procedures
- advises Supervisor when food, beverage and/or retail stock is in need of replenishing
- checks I.D. on any guests ordering alcohol who look under 30 years old
- works as a team under stressful conditions during high volume business levels
- complies with Health & Safety standards, company and departmental policies and procedures and legislative requirements
- attends training and departmental meetings as scheduled by management
- ability to work on land as well as on the boat
- completes all other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of serving experience in food and beverage preferred or customer service experience preferably in a hospitality environment
- Smart Serve Certificate
- proficiency in POS cash register, cash handling
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- strong organizational, multitasking, and troubleshooting skills in a fast-paced work environment
- familiar with Alcohol and Food regulations, laws and practices
- MED A2L – Small Seasonal Passenger Vessel Safety (training provided)
- a positiveattitude and good work ethic
$15.00 per hour plus tips + potential bonus if available until October 21st.
Lady Muskoka Cruises is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities if requested.
We welcome all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
- serving: 1 year (Preferred)