Join one of Canada’s most trusted organizations! The Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) is seeking a Manager, Travel Services to join its dynamic National Office team. This position can be remote based within Canada.
As Manager, Travel Services you will be responsible for managing a variety of projects related to the Travel Service Business Line, guided by the Federation Travel Task Force. You must be innovative and have the ability to prioritize work assignments, be a strong communicator (both within National office and as a liaison with CAA Clubs) and work well independently against specific deadlines.
· Works in collaboration with Club Training teams and subject matter experts to advise and co-ordinate on national training projects including needs assessments, instructional design, delivery, implementation, and evaluation of training solutions
· Development of background materials, and follow-up on action items for Travel Task Force meetings and Travel Partner Relationship meetings.
· Evaluating new vendors, products, and opportunities for ‘fit’ as they relate to corporate strategies and, when required, completing elements of the product tendering (RFP) process
· Research competitive, market and industry trends to generate new ideas and opportunities for CAA/AMA Travel
· Responsible for the daily management of the CAA Vacations program and its components including Vendor relations, training, tracking, and reporting, data analyses, advertising etc.
· Responsible for the modification of all the elements of the AAA Vacations program for CAA including agent reference tools, e-brochure etc.
· Participating on a variety of national working groups including Travel technology, Travel Marketing, and special projects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· University&/or college degree in Travel and Tourism, Business, or related discipline with 5 years of progressive experience.
· Experience working in the Travel Industry
· Superior project management and organization skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
· Knowledge of Travel Agency booking tools is an asset
· Passion for innovative projects with a customer centric focus to provide exceptional service and value for our regional clubs
· The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with cross-functional teams to determine acceptable solutions.
· Self starter with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with an ability to present creative/innovative ideas and solutions
· Ability to work in French is an asset
· Diplomatic team player with a positive attitude and pride of ownership of projects
· Must be creative, resourceful, demonstrate initiative and sound judgement
· Comfortable in a national setting dealing with issues that transcend many communities
· Must be willing to travel as need be for travel related meetings and conferences.
· This field position will work remotely from their home or work in Ottawa at the National Office.
Please email your resume and cover letter by August 11, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CAA is a federation of eight clubs providing over 6.5 million Members with exceptional emergency roadside service, complete automotive and travel services, member savings and comprehensive insurance services. CAA also advocates on issues of concern to its members, including road safety, the environment, mobility, infrastructure and consumer protection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. CAA will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities through the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Application deadline: 2021-08-11
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Have you worked in a retail travel agency environment?
- Travel: 5 years (preferred)