Pacific Land Group (PLG) has an opportunity available for a Junior Environmental Biologist (BIT) who is a self-motivated and enthusiastic problem solver, who is keen to learn new techniques related to water quality monitoring, erosion and sediment control monitoring, biological field studies, habitat assessment and equipment servicing.
PLG is an established land development consulting firm based in Surrey BC. We specialize in strategic land use planning, highest and best land use assessments, infrastructure design and construction, habitat assessments and design and installation of riparian compensation and erosion sediment control systems. A Junior Environmental Biologist will be responsible for supporting senior staff (Professional Biologists and Planners) on larger scale projects and participating in all aspects of the business, where required. The preferred candidate will have excellent writing skills, be able to work independently and is comfortable working in an office and field setting. This candidate will also have an opportunity to work directly with Floc Systems water treatment products (PLG’s Sister Company).
The Junior Environmental Biologist’s responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in on-site assessments
- Environmental Monitoring of construction activities
- Assisting with the preparation of environmental monitoring reports
- Participating in field studies, under the supervision of a senior biologist
- Preparing technical reports
- Erosion and sediment control monitoring and servicing of water quality treatment systems
The successful candidate would ideally have a Biology Degree, or a Technical Diploma from a recognized institution that reflects the above duties, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and enjoys field work, however, fit is important, and eager, capable, well rounded mechanical individuals may be considered. The candidate should have 2 – 3 years of relatable/consulting experience and be eligible for registration as a BIT or R.P.Bio with the College of Applied Biology.
The majority of our projects are located in the Fraser Valley and Metro Vancouver and as such, applicants must have unrestricted access to a reliable vehicle and a Class 5 Drivers License.
Reference ID: Junior Biologist
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you a member in good standing with the College of Applied Biology?
- Do you reside in BC?
- Do you have a Class 5 DL and reliable vehicle?
- How many years of post-university relevant professional experience do you have?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)