The South Bruce Grey Health Centre (SBGHC) serves a community of approximately 44,000 people, plus 10,000 seasonal residents and 30,000 tourists across four rural hospital sites located in Kincardine, Walkerton, Chesley and Durham. Our staff of approximately 400 are proud to work at these facilities, all of which offer 24-hour emergency care. Other services include acute, coronary care, obstetrical, surgical and full range of diagnostic and ambulatory care services.
Part Time Multi-Site Multi Service Worker
Applications are currently being accepted for a Part Time Multi-Site Multi Service Worker position for the Chesley and Durham sites of the South Bruce Grey Health Centre.
This position has responsibilities in both the dietary and housekeeping departments. Reporting to the Manager of Food Services, Housekeeping and Linen Services, you will perform a variety of functions in the food service area including assembling patient trays, delivery and retrieval of patient trays, serving, stocking and setting up food items and supplies in pantry, cleaning and maintaining the food preparation area and performing cross-functional duties as required. You will perform cleaning functions including cleaning of patient’s room, offices, washrooms and other areas as well as other general housekeeping duties to ensure cleanliness throughout the hospital including furniture and equipment. Ability to perform activities requiring considerable standing, bending, reaching, pushing and transferring material is required.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Possess Secondary School Graduation Diploma required
- Successful completion of the Food Safety certification program or willingness to acquire immediately
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Client service oriented with ability to work independently and as a team player
- Experience in a food service environment an asset
- Consistently meet OHHA cleaning standards in performance of cleaning duties
- Basic computer skills required
- Previous institutional cleaning experience an asset
- Rotating weekend and shift availability
- Able to meet physical demands i.e. able to lift up to 20kg; pushing, reaching, loading and unloading
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of and adherence to SBGHC Core Values (Leadership, Integrity, Excellence, Empathy, Accountability, Collaboration and Safety First)
- Advocates and supports a culture of patient safety and demonstrates an understanding of how the department service and assigned responsibilities contribute to overall patient safety at SBGHC through patient safety knowledge, skills and attitudes
- Recent satisfactory performance with demonstrated excellence in attendance required
- Knowledge of and adherence to Occupational Health & Safety and infection control principle
SBGHC is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SBGHC will provide reasonable accommodation in compliance with AODA when notified by a candidate that accommodation due to a disability is required for the interview process.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $21.91 to $22.55 /hour