CGR offers glass railing customers a one stop shop for all of their glass needs, frosted glass, smoked glass, curved glass, Wine cellars, Gym enclosures, Office partitions, Shower glass & mirrors. All of our glass is custom cut to fit the shape of your space. We custom fabricate all of the handrails on our projects as part of the glass railing service. We supply & install all of our jobs.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our growing team of Glass Technicians. Reporting into the Project Manager, the glass technician is responsible with assisting with the glass installation project from start to finish.
· Take measures, mark, and cut material and prepare worksite for glass installation.
· Responsible for picking up material and dropping it off at various job sites (approximately 2 sites per day)
· Use suction cups or cranes to lift out glass panels.
· Cut hardware and metal rods for glass installation.
· Lift, hold and secure glass panels and mirrors into position with putty, cement, screws or bolts.
· Read and interpret blueprints.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area.
· Other tasks as required.
· 2-3 years experience in the construction industry.
· Ability to take initiative, take direction, and problem-solve.
· Must be a hard-working individual who understands the importance of deadlines.
· Valid diver’s license and access to a vehicle.
· Available to work weekdays during the day and occasional weekends.
· Experience using power tools.
· Glazing experience an asset.
· Carpentry experience an asset.
· Ability to lift 50lbs.
· Comfortable with standing all day.
· High School or equivalent.
For more information please visit: https://cgrcanada.com/
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- glazing: 1 year (preferred)