Stringam LLP is recruiting for a Commercial Legal Assistant | Grande Prairie, Alberta
Stringam LLP is Alberta's largest regional law firm providing premium, tailored legal advice with over 100 years of experience, and we are by no means stuck in the past. Our demand for excellence has shaped us into a focused and streamlined firm, committed to providing the very best legal services.
With offices located in Grande Prairie, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Beaverlodge, Brooks, Fort McMurray, Taber and Raymond, our team has experience handling a variety of cases in all areas of law, from litigation, family and divorce to business, real estate, agriculture, and personal injury.
Are you interested in becoming the next member of this exceptional team? Our goal is to employ great people who are interested in contributing to the success of our business and the profession we serve. We hope you choose Stringam as your employer of choice towards a meaningful career in law.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to take charge of the challenging role of Commercial Legal Assistantin support of the Commercial Conveyancing Department in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
- Draft, prepare and organize general correspondence and documents relating to the conduct of commercial conveyancing law practice
- Organize and maintain files relating to legal and administration matters including indexing and tracking
- Perform searches and review same related to real estate including Personal Property Registries, Bankruptcy, Land Titles, Corporate and Bank of Canada
- Draft and register security documentation
- Receive, sort and prioritize transaction documents, as well as create and manage file checklists relating to transaction closing
- Assist lawyer(s) in preparation for transactions, including dealing with realtors, lender representatives and counsel
- Preparation of reporting documentation to client
- Knowledge of and ability of Microsoft Suite and ProLaw is an asset
- Minimum 1 year experience in commercial conveyancing is an asset but will train the right candidate
- Professional demeanor including an ability to manage all incoming client inquires, work well with colleagues, lawyers, external clients and outside service providers
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Reliable and able to work independently taking initiative when required
Compensation & Hours:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Regular full-time position with working hours of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM subject to change from time to time. We provide a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, critical illness, long term disability, vacation and sick time benefits.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of HR, while quoting the job title in the subject line. All applications will be held in strict confidence. Stringam is an equal opportunity employer.
Stringam wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- legal assistant: 1 year (Preferred)