RPN WANTED!! Fairview is now expanding its care team! This is your chance to join one of the area’s best facilities for senior’s care. We are assembling a team of dedicated RPNs to serve our valued residents at Fairview’s Long-Term Care campus. Why work for someone else when you can work for Fairview!
Top 5 Reasons to Join Fairview:
- Competitive pay with benefits and a great pension plan
- Free access to our fitness centre and pool 24/7
- Friendly, welcoming environment for everyone
- Professional growth and development cultured in all staff members
- Meet so many new people and form lifelong friendships
What are you waiting for? Send us your application today!
Position Summary: To provide professional nursing care to Long-Term Care residents according to each resident’s individualized plan of care. RPNs are responsible to coordinate and supervise other care staff to ensure quality nursing care for all residents.
Assets and Qualifications:
- Registered Practical Nurse Diploma from a recognized College or University required
- Is a member in good standing with RNAO and other professional organizations as required
- Must be comfortable with electronic charting and communication
- Experience working with seniors with complex, age-related diseases and/or mental health concerns an asset
- Team-work attitude and approach to work
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- Current Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector component required
- Current TB skin test required
- Assumes charge of the assigned home area and assists in the planning, provision and supervision of nursing care, exercising judgment to meet resident needs.
- Assumes responsibility for administration of medications and treatments as prescribed.
- Discusses resident condition, obtains and processes orders from the physician.
- Works with the nursing team in developing and maintaining current RAI MDS assessments.
- Orders, controls and distributes resident medication and other necessary supplies in conjunction with the Director of Care and/or RN.
- Provides direction and supervision of care of Personal Support Workers and those working as nurses’ aides.
- Casual shifts with potential for part time available
- Must be available to work alternating weekends
- Must be reasonably available to work short notice call-in replacements
If you require accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process, per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, please speak with the hiring contact. Fairview Seniors Community will be pleased to support you.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual