Woodstock is the most longest standing local restaurant on the Avalon of Newfoundland. We are hiring an experienced Line Cook / first cook to join our team under the supervision of our Chef. Woodstock Colonial is a 200 seats restaurant and events venue and hosts many private functions in our four private party rooms, plus a full-service casual dining restaurant opened five days a week.
Line Cook responsibilities include preparing food as directed and within Woodstock’s recipes and standards in an efficient fashion and insuring a superior guest experience. Duties including clean produce, stocking and setting up the kitchen, preparing ingredients, cutting meats, poultry and vegetables and also cooperating with the whole kitchen team to cook quality menu items.
Successful candidates must have one-year experience in a full-service restaurant and must have a flexible schedule. The Ability to plan, organize and have an attention to detail is also necessary to ensure our guests receive timely, professional, and friendly Newfoundland service.
- Keep work station clean and organized.
- Staying up to date on all menu items, changes and daily features and promotions.
- Knowledge of operating all the positions necessary kitchen equipment with quality and safety in mind at all times.
- Ensure that all food products are handled, stored and prepared within Food Safety guidelines.
Send your resume with the position you are applying to the email provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.50 /hour
- line cook/prep cook: 1 year (Preferred)
- St. John's, NL (Required)
- English (Required)