Taborowski Barristers & Solicitors is currently seeking a junior associate to join our team.
Our firm primarily practices in civil and family litigation and some estates work. We strive to provide excellent results for our clients who are concentrated in the GTA but also throughout various locations in Ontario and abroad.
The Ideal Candidate shall:
- Have an active membership and be in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively in Polish and English;
- Live within a reasonable distance of our office in Mississauga;
- Work well independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision;
- Be able to work on multiple cases at once and handle a heavy workload;
- Have 3 to 6 years experience practicing civil litigation and/or family law, or ideally have experience in both areas of practice;
- Have the ability to handle a file from beginning to completion with some minimal mentoring if necessary;
- Draft legal documents, pleadings, memoranda, prepare arguments, conduct research;
- Prepare and conduct discoveries/questioning;
- Have excellent drafting skills and presentation skills;
- Communicate with clients, witnesses and others;
- Direct support staff when required;
- Be organized, detail oriented and proactive in their approach to file management;
- Have the ability to problem solve;
- Research, analyze statutes, regulations and caselaw and provide opinions;
- Be proficient in various legal software including PCLAW, Divorcemate, Quicklaw, Estateably, Microsoft Office suite and others;
- Attend all forms of court proceedings including but not limited to conferences, motions, applications, pretrials, and trials, both in a supporting capacity and on their own;
- Possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and have a vehicle of their own;
- Be willing to travel throughout Ontario when necessary;
Salary range $60,000 to $100,000 and higher per annum with possible bonusing.
We offer work life balance and place a heavy emphasis on continuing legal education.
Please send your CVs and university transcripts to [email protected] or by fax to 905-624-4144.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L4W 2Z6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- English and Polish (preferred)
- Certificate of Standing (preferred)
Work Location: In person