Looking for an exciting and dynamic role as a Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT)? Look no further than Cobequid Animal Hospital in Lower Sackville, NS!
As an AAHA Accredited Hospital, we are committed to providing the highest standard of care for our small animal patients. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to be involved with team medicine and perform a wide variety of surgeries, ranging from routine spay/neuters to more complex soft tissue, dental, ocular, and orthopedic surgeries. We are proud to have our own ultrasound, and frequently host visits from board-certified radiologists and cardiologists.
With a team of 7 doctors, each with their own specialty, you'll get to see lots of weird and wacky cases! We're always striving to stay at the forefront of veterinary medicine and offer the best care possible to our patients. Our team is passionate about learning and development, and we prioritize providing opportunities for growth and continuing education.
Located in Lower Sackville, NS, our clinic is in the heart of a vibrant and growing community. With plenty of parks, trails, and outdoor activities, there's never a shortage of things to do. Plus, with Halifax just a short drive away, you'll have access to all of the amenities of the city.
Join our team at Cobequid Animal Hospital and become a part of a fun and dynamic culture dedicated to providing excellent care to our patients and a positive work environment for our team members.
About the Role
Our candidate must have:
- Animal Health Technician / Veterinary Technician Diploma
- New grads are welcome to apply
- Passed the VTNE or will soon be passing the VTNE
- Good standing with their provincial regulatory association
We are seeking candidates who possess the following qualities:
- Efficient and well-developed time-management skills
- Resourceful and adaptable when presented with day-to-day challenges
- Team oriented mindset
- Proficient with Avimark, Idexx and Heska Software
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation (Starting $18-$24/h, depending on experience)
- Flexible Schedule (Rotating Saturdays)
- Annual Performance Reviews and ability to develop in your profession
- Various Team Building Activities
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Annual Uniform Allowance
- Continuing education allowance + Access to exclusive webinars and CE events
- Health and dental plus a fantastic EAP, access to Telus Health telemedicine & loads of other benefit perks
- RRSP package with matching
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need through the Oscar Fund activities
- AMAZING medical and pet supply discounts
- And much more!!
Cobequid Animal Hospital is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. A career with VetStrategy is anything but ordinary! Our work is something we’re truly excited about. Every day, we make an impact on the lives of others with veterinary care backed by a team of professionals who love what they do.
From Vancouver Island to Newfoundland, we have opportunities across Canada to fuel your passion. The possibilities are endless for you to do the most meaningful work of your career. Let us help you find your perfect role.
There are jobs and then there’s us. This is your moment to do the kind of work you find meaningful. Grab the opportunity to challenge yourself, push boundaries and learn new skills. Surround yourself with peers who will inspire you, and be inspired by you, to shape the future of veterinary care.
You’ll be part of a team that supports professional development and you’ll be provided with opportunities to grow throughout your career.