The Market & Smør provides quality produce and healthy to-go foods. We work diligently to ensure that our food, our store hours, and our availability to those we work with and for are in line with our values. We strive towards a zero food-waste market and will nourish those who let us while providing outstanding customer experiences.
The FOH Cashier is responsible for creating exceptional customer experiences, sharing detailed product knowledge, ensuring only the highest quality food leaves with customers, acquiring salesmanship skills that increase the average basket and is able to work with the POS system efficiently. The FOH position exists so that customers can be cashed out properly, efficiently and pleasantly.
Tasks related to the role:
- Receives payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits;
- Issues receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers;
- Greets customers upon arrival and provides intelligent assistance to their questions and queries;
- Actively maintains and communicates Market & Smor’s inventory with their lead including sell-by dates, overstock, etc. ensuring waste is minimized;
- Communicates, troubleshoots, and rectifies outstanding monies, card balances and cash outs;
- Ensures shelf displays meet store plan on a daily basis i.e. front-facing and later dates stocked in back;
- Communicates daily with other team members about customers, tasks that are completed and to be done, etc. ;
- Demonstrates and respects The Market & Smør’s value of “Kindness first and always” and "Pride is all work" in the daily activities and interactions.
- Adheres to all Market & Smør workplace policies and procedures.
- Completing or completion of college or higher
- Retail and customer experience
- Experience with POS systems and cash in/out
- Able to listen and follow through on instructions
- Able to lift minimum 40lbs
- Excellent time-management skills
- Able to work quickly and efficiently
This is a retail environment. There are many hours standing on your feet while being customer-facing. As we sell produce, the temperatures are kept very cool. It is often advised to wear layers. There are many hours with the public coming in and out of the retail with many different interactions.
The physical requirements of a FOH Cashier include:
Regularly required to walk or stand;
Regularly lift and/or move up to 40lb;
Will be required to perform tasks involving firm grasping;
Occasionally be required to bend, twist or squat.
Will be involved in frequent repetitive hand actions.
Will be required to reach above shoulder height and below waist level.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- Casual Dress
- Discounted or Free Food
- On-site Parking
- Store Discount
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- cashier: 1 year (Preferred)
- cash handling: 1 year (Preferred)