We are a medium sized Heavy Civil construction Company operating in Mid-western Ontario. We are looking for new crew members to join our team of efficient, safety-minded Workers. We have long-term work available for the right candidate as a Traffic Control Person (TCP). Preferred applicants will have road building and sewer and water-main construction experience, but we will also consider individuals with less experience if you possess the right attitude. We offer a consistent work schedule, health benefits, competitive pay and performance based bonuses . The ideal candidates will be capable of working with minimal oversight but willing to follow directions closely. Candidates must have a friendly, outgoing personality, be polite but at the same time firm and authoritative.
Traffic Control Person responsibilities and duties:
- Perform pre-shift circle check of equipment.(signs, cones, etc)
- Ensure the safe passage of pedestrians and public motor vehicles through the work zone
- All problems to be reported to foreman immediately.
- Watch for and assist reversing construction vehicles.
- Ensure hand signals are understood before start of work.
- Keep communications with other traffic controller open.
- Move cones as required as work zones dictates.
- Work in compliance with policies, procedures, standards, OHSA and applicable regulations.
- Other duties may be completed or assigned but not while you are performing traffic control duties.
Traffic Control Person skills:
- Follow the instructions of the Site supervisor and get clarification if required.
- Is consistently at work and on time and properly dressed
- Follows safety policies and procedures.
- Immediately notifies management of unsafe conditions.
- Able to deal effectively and politely with to public.
- Able to maintain alertness during long periods of little activity.
- Able to communicate clearly with other traffic control person and motoring public.
- Able to read and understand basic instructions and memos.
- Ability to resolve common problems and concerns. (i.e. keep clear of machinery, keep clear of traffic, exercise judgment to work safe etc)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.75-$17.40 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)