"We’re hiring! Mastermind Toys - the Most Innovative Retailer of 2020 and Canada’s Authority on Play - has big plans for 2022 and we want YOU to join our growing team! We have a customer-obsessed culture, which we believe starts with employee experience . Over 38 years later, Mastermind Toys is the nation’s largest specialty toy and children’s bookstore, and we deeply believe that “Play is Kids’ Work”.
We are currently seeking Permanent Part-Time Sales Associates to join our Burlington (ON) location.
Our Sales Associates will bring fun, learning and confidence to parents & children by providing an exceptional customer experience and contributing to the profitability, success and growth of the store
Sales Assistance and Processing
· Greet, actively approach & assist customers consistent with the Mastermind customer experience philosophy; ensure customers are always the primary focus over tasks
· Seek to understand customer needs, communicate relevant product information; be able to explain/demonstrate product use (demonstrate sound product knowledge across all product categories), age target, special features, options etc. & in-store promotions; make suggestions for additional product to enhance purchase. Inform customers of services and specials. Consistently deliver a shopping experience that is BETTER than expected
· Receive & process payments, returns, exchanges accurately & in accordance with POS procedures and customer service and sales philosophy. Complete all associated POS paperwork and balancing tasks
· Gift wrap purchase to standard
· Complete ongoing training: review updates/notices and actively apply learning
· Actively contribute to achieve team and store goals; share knowledge and contribute to positive working/shopping environment and support continuous learning (Mastermind’s Coaching Circle program)
· Participate to maintain best practice merchandising standards throughout the shift; keep store shelves fully stocked and neat; assemble product as required
· Participate in safeguarding staff, customers & product through pro-active assistance; comply with loss prevention and health and safety & emergency procedures
· May be asked to participate in the health & safety committee and/or first aider programs. Ensure personal conduct is consistent with safety and security policies
· May process inventory in and out of store in accordance with standardized procedures. May participate in inventory counts
· Participate in general store upkeep including dusting, floor, carpet, window, kitchen and bathroom cleaning. Participate (as applicable) in external walkway maintenance. Complete other duties as may be assigned from time to time
· High school diploma preferred. In progress considered
· Previous retail sales experience preferred; comparable experience may be considered
· Demonstrated ability & interest to provide exceptional quality customer focused sales assistance
· Able to project an enthusiastic, polite and welcoming demeanour
Mastermind Toys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Upon request, Mastermind Toys will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Mastermind; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Can you reliably commute to 1035 Brant Street Burlington, ON?
- sales: 1 year (preferred)