Are you looking for an amazing career opportunity?
Do you like to have fun at work while being a positive role model for others?
Southern Alberta Community Living Associations' Mobile Team is currently searching for enthusiastic and flexible Community Support Workers to join their team. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in your community while sharing your skills and passions and making a difference to those you are working for. The successful applicants will enjoy a changing caseload, supporting a number of individuals living in their own homes. The team will support up to 15 individuals, ages 4 to 80.
The successful applicants will have strong computer skills and be physically able to lift, transfer, provide personal care with dignity and respect and able to walk long distances.
HOURS OF WORK - Indicate choice of position (#1 or #2)
1. 60 hrs flex over a two week period including alternate Saturday and Sunday hours.
2. Saturday and Sundays including the occasional Friday (may be alternate weekends)
20 hours per weekend. Should have flexibility from 8:00am - 8:00pm.
Cultivating Relationships, Connecting Communities, Creating Possibilities
This position is a front-line job that is vital in accomplishing the mission and values that govern the work done by this Association. The Community Support Worker is a valued member of a team that assists individuals, supported by our Association, to live in the community as independently as possible. They support and actively encourage the individuals to live in accordance with their own beliefs, desires and choices.
As a team member, the CSW strives to communicate in a considerate, thoughtful and attentive manner with their co-workers and the individuals we support. A CSW will represent the Association courteously and professionally in all interactions they have with guardians, other agencies and the community at large.
1. An understanding that your role is to offer support and guidance, not direction and behavior modification.
2. A desire to actively assist the individuals supported by Southern Alberta Community Living Association to live in accordance with their own beliefs, desires and choices.
3. A belief that people with developmental disabilities can live self-determined lives in the community surrounded by friends and family.
4. An understanding that in order to function effectively as a member of a team, you must take responsibility for your own actions, striving to communicate effectively with the individuals you support, your co-workers and supervisors.
5. A willingness to participate in educational opportunities that promote professional growth.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
1. One to two years’ experience in providing support to people with developmental disabilities. Experience gained in other disciplines providing support to people without developmental disabilities may be considered.
2. Education in the field of rehabilitation is an asset, but not essential. Education gained in one of the humanities may be considered.
May include but not limited to:
· encouraging and maintaining active community involvement,
· developing creative and innovative ways to support individuals to reach their goals and dreams,
· ensuring individuals are supported to be active participants in all aspects of their lives,
· medication administration,
· personal care,
· emotional support,
· household maintenance,
· recreation & leisure activities,
· assistance with living skills,
· assistance with appointments,
· attendance to internal/external meetings,
· objective, concise documentation
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. All persons 18 years of age, who receive a conditional offer of employment to provide direct support to adults or children through Southern Alberta Community Living Association, must provide a current, clear Criminal Record Check inclusive of a check relating to the Vulnerable Sector.
2. A Child Intervention Check (CYM)
3. Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle with $2,000,000 public liability
4. Valid Emergency First Aid CPR A & AED Certificate
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.97 to $19.64 /hour
- supporting individuals with developmental disabilities: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Required)