We are an established Canadian facility maintenance company. We provide a variety of services to large retail and commercial businesses nationally.
We have a competitive compensation & benefits plan including health, dental and vision, and a pension plan after 1 year.
About this Position
The Operations Quality Auditor - Atlantic Canada, will report to the Regional Partner Manager (RPM)and will focus on being a key liaison between United and the Subcontractors within the specified regions. This role will play an important part in collaborating internally across the defined region with Retention, Finance and Equipment functions and externally with third party vendors to ensure that our Subcontractors needs are being met as per expectations and ultimately meeting the Customer expectations. The role will also work to enhance the Subcontractor's skill sets, performance and experience. This role will focus on ensuring Legal and Process Compliance, Subcontractor Recruitment and Performance Management, Subcontractor Change Overs and Issues.
A key function of this role will also be to conduct and report quality evaluations of various client locations measuring quality standards and playing a key role in formulating, documenting, implementing and assuring compliance to quality, policies, plans and standards by producing inspection reports and recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execution of United Services Group’s Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic plans
- Lead/Implement Regional Partner Meetings Quarterly/Annually with Regional Partner Manager
- Manage Subcontractor Recruitment process and create a Resource Pool of trained Subcontractor within the regions
- Ensure compliance with working legalities of Subcontractor by implementing United Hiring Packages
- Provide key support to the Regional teams in managing the performance management process with the Subcontractors
- Manage and be key liaison with the Subcontractor Change Over process within United and with external vendors to ensure seamless transition of Subcontractor
- Managing Subcontractor related Issues Escalation process to ensure compliance to United service standards
- Attending legal “Discoveries” on behalf of United Services Group, if required
- Collaborating and Co-developing with the Account Management and Retention teams: Solution to Issues Raised by Subcontractors
- Inspect and report on a defined territory to assure quality standards and procedures are adequate and in compliance with company standards
- Analyze internal and external Quality data to quickly assist in initiating effective corrective actions to reduce and eliminate adverse trends
- Ensure customer inspections are completed as per pre-set schedule
- Periodically inspect at night to ensure company processes are followed
- Work with Regional Management to identify trends and opportunities
- Work in compliance with Health & Safety policies and legislation, and take every reasonable precaution to protect the health and safety of all employees and business partners
Job Requirements and Expectation
- Willing to travel frequently within the designated territory or outside the province as may be required from time to time.
- Ability to deal with high level of stress and solve problems as they arise.
- Ability to work flexible shifts on a rotation basis.
- Available to address concerns in a 24/7 environment
- Experience in the cleaning industry is an asset
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Effective delegation of tasks and empowerment of team members
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Use of varied Technology systems (Salesforce/Outlook/Other Applicable Apps.)
- Advanced Use of Microsoft Suite (Excel/Word/PPT)
- Communication skills- (Specifically listening, negotiating, crucial conversations, business writing)
- Process and legal compliance
- Information gathering and analytical skills
- Facilitation of a Collaborative environment
- Demonstration of good business acumen and decision-making ability
- Managing confidentiality of all information
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and adaptability to a changing environment
- Post secondary degree in business administration or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ operational experience
- 5 years’ experience in a progressive management role
Job Type: Full-time
- operational: 5 years (Preferred)