Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
The Associate, Lending Processing is responsible for processing of financial transactions requested by the external and internal clients, reconciling and resolving account investigations generated by various departments within the Bank: Call Centre, Collections, Funding, Underwriting and Finance. The successful candidate must have the ability to pay attention to detail and meet predetermined productivity and Quality Assurance Standards. The candidate must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to establish a solid working relationship both internally and externally. This position offers the successful candidate an opportunity to gain experience in account investigation and reconciliation and develop a large understanding of various aspects of the Mortgage, Property Taxes and Loan product. They will report directly to the Manager of Processing.
- Complete all clients requests received from the Web, Call Center, mail and fax within established timeframes.
- Identify, index and distribute all inbound documents within service level standards.
- Prioritization of allocated workflow.
- Insurance administration.
- Unsecured Line of Credit maintenance.
- Strong investigative skill set to be able to test and problem solve.
- Contribute to the ongoing process improvements in the Client Business Support Department.
- Process financial transactions for line of credit, and mortgages within established timeframes and according to instructions provided.
- Resolve all account investigations efficiently and accurately.
- Analyze and verify data in the mortgage and credit system.
- Collaborate with various departments within the bank to resolve complex client issues.
- Assist with the Securitization tasks.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are respected as per the Department’s parameters.
- Understanding of Tangerine’s mortgage guidelines, processes and procedures including: CMHC, Genworth and familiarity with Tangerine’s Charge Terms as they pertain to Mortgage Servicing.
- Comply with the Tangerine Code of Conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
University or College Degree
Minimum 1-3 years of retail lending experience or work related experience in a processing environment
Solid understanding of the life cycle of residential mortgages
Knowledge of mortgage industry regulations and general administrative practices
Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
Computer literate; Microsoft office an asset (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Strong analytical skills required in identifying problems, validating and making decisions/recommendations
Ability to achieve all values and competencies outlined within the CBS Development matrix
Ability to be self-directed and motivated
Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change
Ability to have a positive approach to change and personal development
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral
Solid organizational skills and ability to work in a faced paced environment
Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.