A LEG UP PET SERVICES is looking for the perfect person to join the team.
For 16 years we've been fortunate enough to build the company into what has become the most widely used and revered pet service organizations in the province. Offering training, dog walking, puppy visits, dog daycare, and overnight boarding, our clients rely on us to provide impeccable service whenever they can't be with their dog.
It's a privilege we don't take lightly. Of course, it's a fun job. It's also quite demanding. The staff we seek out must be up to the same standards. We are looking for a new long-term staff member to work in both our dog daycare and in providing dog walks.
The person we will hire is one who is willing to put in the hard work that working with animals requires. Highly comprehensive training is provided and will begin immediately. All applicants must agree to a minimum of a one year commitment. A clean driver's abstract and three years driving experience is also required. Please be aware that all staff must submit a criminal background check with no criminal history.
It's an active job both mentally and physically -- you've got to be able to keep up with dogs of all sizes and ages. You'll also have to be able to have control and respect of the dogs. They're always thinking, and you'll have to be just a step ahead.
The most useful skill you possess will be an outgoing and upbeat personality.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Care and control of groups of dogs both in the daycare and outside on walks
- Client interaction; excellent people skills are essential
- Cleaning and maintenance of professional standards
- Basic computer literacy -- we have software that you will be required to use and keep updated
- Monitoring and reporting of dog health, comfort, actions, safety and sociability
- Proficient, polite and pleasant staff interaction
What may be most important . . . that you're a genuinely nice person. If you're thinking, "I'm reasonably nice", you're just not who we're looking for. But if you saw this a said to yourself, "Absolutely. I'm the kindest, nicest person I could be. People tell me all the time . . . ", well you're exactly who we're thinking about.
If you are also interested in boarding dogs in your own home, we've got an excellent opportunity for additional income. Those who express interest in boarding are always able to board considered as favoured candidates.
Email us a resume and a cover letter. Or fill out our online application at www.alegup.ca/join
We're looking forward to meeting you.
Toronto resident applicants only, please.
Qualifications and Skills
- All applicants must have a valid G driver's licence with at least 2 years driving experience and a clean abstract
- Of course, you'll also have to be a dog-lover
- Conscientiousness, caring, and reliable
- Be able to demonstrate a history of responsibility
- Have the physicality to lift 40 lbs (enough to lift a mid-size dog into a vehicle)
- After a successful interview, you'll also be required to provide a police check
- Be courteous and upbeat
- Have a calm demeanor ... even in traffic
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check
Medical, dental plan available after 3 months.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Applicant Qualifications– Edit
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of driving experience do you have?
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- driving: 1 year (Preferred)